How can we help?
Managing the administration of a deceased estate can be one of the most emotionally distressing times. We understand that the death of a loved one is already a difficult time and certainly not an ideal time to be dealing with complicated legal processes or disputes. It is important to make sure you have support during this time, both personally and professionally.
There are a number of ways we can help you during this time, whether you have been appointed executor and want help performing this role, or if there is a dispute between beneficiaries over the division of the estate and you require assistance or representation. We can also assist you to bring a claim if you feel the distribution under the will hasn’t been fair or you have missed out entirely. Even if you just need some general advice on what the law is and how it applies to your own situation, we can help.
Deceased Estate administration
We can assist you in the general administration of the deceased estate by:
- Advising you about the administration process;
- Advising you what happens if there is no Will;
- Assisting you to obtain a grant of probate or letters of administration;
- Liaising with banks, share registries and other institutions;
- Assisting with property and share sale or transfers;
- Other general administration steps.
If something isn’t quite right with the will, or you or the other beneficiaries feel they have missed out we can assist you by:
- Advising you about the Will;
- Considering what options are available including if the deceased had no capacity, or was being influenced by someone to make the Will;
- Bringing a claim before the court for further provision
- Representing you as a claimant or as the executor of the estate.
read more about wills & estates
We have plenty of articles on the administration of a deceased estate to help you understand better, or answer questions you may have.
book an appointment
We understand that each case is unique and would be more than happy to answer any questions you have in relation to your family law matter.
Click below to book a discovery call and speak with our team.